Wednesday, October 8, 2008

triple A.

so. talk about being a grown up.
i had a quite HUGE grown up moment today.
good grief. i thought i had enough for this week... but nope. God wanted to squeeze one more in.

so im sitting at a redlight talking to my FUTURE NEW ROOMIE HEATHER! ::yeah the good awesome fabulous one:: anyway. back to the red light. so its red. and my car stalled. its a stick. and i stall about 4Xs a week. im still just learning. but i get lazy and take my foot off the clutch. or dont do something perfect and it stalls. anyway. back to the red light.

its RED.
i stall.
I tell heather hang on.
my car does not start back.
i tell heather im going to have to go.
my car does not start.
still no starting.
hmmm. i think..... what do i do.

::let me throw in i am at a pretty hefty size intersection::
say i were in lagrange: comparable to the one on the corner of the catholic church and hwy 27.
say i were in columbus: the one on the corner of whittlesey and whitesville.
if you are here in durham i was at the corner of garrett and hope valley

so im stalled out. car wont start. its dark (bc i get off so dang late)
i think maybe i can put it in neutral and roll it myself to that bank across the way...
i take my foot off the break and realize immediately. nope. not going to happen.

let me admit i now had a moment of tears and then i realized. no danielle. you can't cry. no need. that wont accomplish anything. mom and dad aren't here to come and fix it. so grow up quick and do something.

so i pull up that emergency break. and called 911. wouldn't that be the most logical thing to do? yes. i thought so. ...and think it was... granted they never came. but thats beside the point.

next on list to call was the roomie chels (i was only 2 miles from home!)
so she gets there quick. and is laughing... bc really. you have to laugh. what else do you do! laughter is way better than crying or freaking out.

so we are standing there. 2 girls on a street corner. looking at my car in the turn lane. its flashers on. thinking hmm. what to do. at this point some young sketch boys drove by and wanted to help. we said no. haha. they were sketch.

a few moments later our dear heroes of the night came along. two grown men. in their 30's. they offered to help and help they did. they pushed the car into a parking lot across the intersection. they looked at the engine. tried to start my car on a pushing start... like in little miss sunshine!! but sadly that didn't work. so they parked it and told me its prob the starter.

the next infamous question... do you have triple A?
no. dang it. i was suppose to get it as soon as i moved out... but i didnt.

its ok though. i signed up tonight... and AAA will come tow me tomorrow! really. soooo hopefully i think things will work out.

i had to call out of work tomorrow... bc i have no way to get my car towed, be at work, then pick up my car... so ill loose a day of work... which sucks- but i suppose things like this happen and you suck it up and deal with it and move on.

so thats what im doing. SO. thanks to chelsea, 2 random guys from the neighborhood, papa macminn for staying in touch and keeping me grounded, and the foshee family for their expertise in AAA I should be good to go.

granted we shall see how tomorrow goes... im riding my other roommates bike to the car so they can tow it to the AAA shop... and then HOPEFULLY the AAA shuttle will pick me up from my house when the car is ready to go. lets cross our fingers.

and lets pray its not too pricey. really. gosh i hope not. i mean i have money in savings for moments like this... but i want money to go on trips and have fun... not pay for my car.

for now i am finally off to bed after a shockingly eventful night.

::oh and the reason Rhino was left out of all of this... was he has TWO HUGE mid-terms tomorrow. his first ones of div school! scary!! so i didn't want to bother him. granted he knows now, but at the time... he didn't need to stress!::

love and peace from a tired car-less nurse

No comments: