Thursday, October 9, 2008

a ride in a tow truck...

so yeah. it wasn't a dream. my car actually broke down last night.

so my roomie #1 got me home last night... and I joined AAA so I had to get back to my car this morning for them to tow me. since ry has school and everyone else works...
i was in a little conundrum.
(is that even the proper use of that word? i dunno. sounds good)
so after thinking about it... my car was only 2 miles or so from the house...
so
i rode roommate #2's bike to my car. woahhhhh. what a work out! i was def sweating after it. (even thought its only 50* outside!) it was good though the sky was cloudy. the trees are great. it was a ride through the trails in my neighborhood.
simply lovely really.

the car. and the bike.

me a little skeptical of what is to come...


the -suby on the tow truck!



so after my su-beee was loaded up. i hopped on board and headed to the AAA car shop. kinda random. a little scary- but i had no choice! haha. i just had to step up and ride with bubba.

so i didn't actually catch his name, but if i had to pick one... it would be bubba dave. and im only picking dave bc his tow truck was called "dave's towing" he looked more like a leroy.

anyway i rode over to the shop. told them my car was "clicking". they said they'd do a diagnostic and call me. i said.... they should prob call my dad. we will see what they say.

then i loaded up in the AAA car and this nice guy took me home. yeah.

talk about service. i have been a member for 12 hours and they are shuttling me around town!

ill keep you posted.

good news... ryan dominated on john wesley midterm #1. and i am sure he dominated his other one. gosh. that kid is so smart! i love it about him. his smartness. his passion for learning. and for john. so attractive.

ok well back to watching across the universe (one of my fav movies!) and enjoying this unplanned day off work!

3 comments:

Julia said...

i'm calling a flag on the play! we only took that test like 3 hours ago, so NO WAY does he have his grade yet!! j/k i am glad that he did well!! i hope his other midterms go well too!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're okay and everything worked out well. I LOVE AAA. They've saved my butt before too. But the mechanics can be kind of weird. I mean, the AAA place here in LG is Crockett Bros. I can totally imagine that one of them is named Bubba.

Sara said...

yay your car works :)