Sunday, April 5, 2009

im alive...

& doing great!
home and catching up on laundry and sleep.

i have many stories to tell, and many pictures to share...
once i get my pictures- which is a story in itself.
the last night (at our "last supper") i got out my camera to snap some shots, when it flashed "error" followed by corrupt file. woah woah woah i thought. ive just taken a good 400pictures... are you telling me they are gone?!

i was relived and encouraged by a team member who is a computer genius for exxon- who assured me he can get my pictures if i can't figure it out.

today after playing around i couldn't get it to work. i think what if we just stick my card in one of those machines like in cvs?!! ry and i go and try it out... thank GOODNESS it works, but since there are 1,000 picutres (no really. 1,000) on my card it took way over an hour to get them put on CDs... who they will be ready tomorrow. hopefully.

anyway. the trip was wonderful.
living water is an INCREDIBLE group. amazing organization doing incredible things.
we built a well- and provided clean water in the name of Jesus.
unlike anything ive ever experienced.
plus guatemala is beautiful... as you will see.

anyway this is all for now... these were taken the last day on my "back-up" camera.

thank you all so very much for your love and prayers. really. without you this would not have been possible.

love and peace-
d

my favorite guatemalan 3 year old... Jackie (her parents work for LWI and live at the base camp in Antigua. she was fabulous. upon my entry into the room she woudl say "DANIELA!!!")


the "younguns" of the trip-
the 26 year old soon to be dad, 31 year old dad of 2 kids with one on the way , me the soon to be wife and B the 26 year old (another in country LWI worker) for el salvador

the volcano outside our house. no really. this was my view every day in antigua.
the first night i had a dream there was an earthquake and lava started spewing out.
i was then assured that lava spews out of it all the time.
WHAT?!?!

1 comment:

jlindsey said...

I am so glad you are home safely & had an amazing trip! I can't wait to see & hear more! xoxo