Tuesday, October 28, 2008

faithfulness & pumpkins

our friends at the reliable : free dictionary . com say faith is this: 

faith  (fth)
n.
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belieftrust.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
5. The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
6. A set of principles or beliefs.


Our friend Paul (i think?!? gosh... dad's a preacher and bf is in div school... i should know this... but i im not 100% on this one....) anyway. our friends in Hebrews say 

Faith is: 
 1Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.


The latter is my favorite definition of the word. 

Anyway. Faith is a word i like a lot. OK... lots of people like it. but God is so faithful to me (and us all really) . He always has been- and always will be. i wear a bracelet on my left arm (since the summer of 06) that simply says FAITH. it reminds me everyday to keep my faith in the Lord. really. it does. i love my bracelet. and i love that word. that simple word is so powerful and mighty. and just one of my favs. 

anyway. God IS faithful. he has answered my cry- and plea- (really. it was a plea). and.... drum roll.... 
i am working DAY SHIFT!!!!!!!!!!!
no nights for me!!! i mean. i have not even started nights- but pure dread at the thought has put me in a rotten mood at times and a truly scared mood. God knows what I can handle- and I feel like He knows how rotten of a person I would be if I were working nights.   

So yes. we can all praise Jesus and be happy... bc He answered my prayers. i mean i feel so silly (and selfish)- there are so many terrible things in the world and ive been praying for my work schedule. other things too... but still. my work schedule. either way- GOD has answered my prayers and been faithful to me- yet again. 

my faithfulness in Him just continues to grow

like a pumpkin

haha. what a segway. 
i wanted to top off the post with some pictures from the pumpkin patch we went to last night. 
before i begin those... some pumpkins do grow HUGE. ry and i were watching a show just the other night about the world's biggest pumpkins. Biggest one yet was like 1,670 pounds. yes one thousand. sooo crazy. 

we didn't get any that big... but we did get some big ones, small ones, and i got a white one! we had a blast picking pumpkins in the FRIGID cold (its in the 30's here) then we carved them and drank some stellar homemade (by sir justin) apple cidar... mmm so good. and soo fun. 

enjoy the pics!








(this is the whole gang)




can you guess what they are?

the one on the Left is Ry's... 
the joker: why so serious?!!?... 

the one on the Right is mine... 
not so sure what he is. kinda looks like a sailor to me... 


well after writing a monologue tonight- im back to enjoying my hot cider, reading blogs, and relaxing in bed... 

love and peace-

3 comments:

ozob said...

i think yours looks like a nurse on night shift...

Sara said...

i agree with the mom on that one.

Danielle said...

hahaha....