Monday, September 29, 2008

lets catch up.

so i heard someone from my floor is quitting... haha... i love how excited i am about that. she actually isn't quitting. she is in the "float pool" so she rotates around to different areas for 13 weeks- then moves on. she is moving on the end of october. it was funny bc the other nurses were trying to convince her to try and work something out where she could stay... i was just thinking please GO! thats great for me! haha... im terrible. BUT i need these folks to leave so i can go to days! another pregnant nurse (who is leaving in dec for maternity leave) told me secretly she is going to just work part time after the baby... so that means 2 people will be leaving... so just one more and i am on days!! before i even work a night!! LETS CROSS OUR FINGERS THAT WORKS!! haha... i doubt anything that lucky would happen- but God knows I need days... so I believe He will make it happen. :)

so yeah tomorrow is my first "official" day on my unit! yay! shoudl be good. prob no different than the other days... so yeah other than waking up at 6am im pretty happy about going to work.

today was my interview for big bro/big sis... went well except for the intense detailed questions... like who influenced me the most growing up. why. whats your family like. who are your best friends. what are there names. what do they do. what do you want to do with your lil. who is yoru significant other. what do they do. how has he changed your life? what has he brought into your life? what can you offer us? what do you do in your leisure time? what will you do if you dont like your lil? how do you handle conflict? give examples? tell me about yoru house? who do you live with?
ok lots and lots of questions. 1 hour of questions that were unexpected. i was thinking it would be lots of questions- but different than i expected. anyway they will call me in the next few weeks (or days) and let me know when they have matched me.

i did 2 things very grown up today. 1- got my oil changed, fluids topped off and new windshield wipers. i was proud. walmart did me well. haha... 2- didn't just pick up my prescriptions- i gave them my NEW OWN insurance card. no more mom and dad insurance... its my own. scary.

i had a marvelous dinner with ryan tonight. good conversation. good food. neat place... ok so its a bar... but really an "irish pub". which had awesome beer and awesome irish food- i had fish and chips and rhino had some good old shepherds pie... which was delicious. coolest part... the seats are church pews. the lighting is old huge lights from a church. you know the kind.. in an old churhc... big circular cylindar ones. im sure there is a name... ok and on the wall its all OLD books. lucky for us right by our table was the good old methodist hymnal. haha... it was funny.

............release your inhibitions... feel the rain on your skin... no one else can speak the words on your lips... live your life with arms wide open... today is where your book begins... the rest is still unwritten.......

that just came on the tv... that means time for the ridiculously obnoxious lives of the girls on the "hills" my mtv addiction. i think im just fascinated with the way these girls and guys (same age as me) live there lives in LA. its crazy. anyway im off to be intrigued.

ps- less than 3 weeks until im in lagrange!!

cant wait to see you all.

love and peace- d

1 comment:

Sara said...

there WOULD be a methodist hymnal there...and I want to visit that place. and I want to visit YOU. gosh.

wish you were going to pine mountain with me tomorrow! instead you are saving lives. How productive of you! haha.