Wednesday, June 25, 2008

so its been a while...

... but ive been busy! 
taking care of puking kids, skint knees, headaches and tummy aches and all the in between. we are in the middle of camp week 3- which just so happens to be the first week of elementary kids. the things these little kids say just make me chuckle... for instance. the other day in the museum... the museum man (who just happens to be my boyfriend... convenient i know. the camp nurse and the museum man are dating... haha) anyway- museum man asked what do you think circuit riders would carry in their saddlebags? the response that came was... "war and peace". yes. war and peace... that came from a 9year old. throughout the day... all day...  comments like this arise and just make me chuckle. 

so camp is good. very long days and the sun is HOT here... but its fun and beautiful. the best part of camp is the sunset every single night. its unbelievable. 

this is my favorite sunset from last summer... you can't get much better than this... 


so back to camp... every week we have an intense game of camp-wide capture the flag. lots and lots of fun. 120 kids running around like crazy kids looking for a flag that is normally never found. as the nurse it can be my busiest night. lots of injuries normally arise, but luckily nothing too serious. most of the time i enjoy participating and getting decked out with the kiddies... here is a quite flattering shot from last week... 


Thats about all i have so far... well actually i have forgotten the one thing that takes  up the majority of my time... studying. THATS REALLLLLY ALLLL I DO. I spend hours and hours a day studying for my boards- which i will take NEXT WEEK. I am a bit anxious, but dang after all this studying I am confident ill be fine. really. its obnoxious how much time i spend working. this independence day will probably be the best of my life... for the main reason that i will be FREE from STUDYING FOREVER!!!! (or until i choose).... haha... anyway here is a last shot of the chalkboard thats in my office. the lovely drawings done by the amazing Mary Pinson. so for now thats all i got... ill be back soon. ill be back much sooner than i was this time... 



peace and love.

No comments: