Wednesday, December 3, 2008

the word is out...

i am going to guatemala...
i am going to GUATEMALA...

I AM GOING TO GUATEMALA!!

it has not really sunk in yet- even though its been on my mind for a good month now!
remember my blog about living water international? (www.water.cc)
well i am going on one of their trips to Guatemala in March!
yeahhh MARCH! like 4 months from now!

so crazy. i can't even believe it.
but its true. God has really opened a door for me and I am excited to see where He leads me!

There are 3 things I am quite passionate about.
1. Jesus
2. Healthcare
3. traveling

I am excited that in March I get to combine my three passions for a week long adventure.
Ill be going solo- meeting up with a team of people from across the country in Texas- and then heading down for a week. I will be on the hygiene teaching team- so while half of our group builds a well for a village I will be teaching the women and children about healthcare and hygiene. YeaHHHhh i am pumped.

In case you didnt know I have been passionate about those three things for many years now... and have been blessed to go to several amazing places... including

India- 2004

Botswana- Africa 2006



I was looking through my Africa and India pictures today and my heart just melts... I get so excited- i just can't explain it. My heart pours out to these children! I love them so much! The poorest of the poor are the happiest, funniest, sweetest children I have been around! They truly are incredible. I am excited to go to Guatemala and share my love of Jesus and healthcare and pour out love on the kids!

Ill keep you posted as the trip gets closer... how you can help... pray particularly... etc.

so there it is... my exciting news! :)

hope you are all well and wonderful... im off to bed. work tomorrow... lovely.

love and peace-

3 comments:

matt said...

That's AWESOME! Congratulations. That's really exciting!

PSIrwin said...

oh my gosh, dani, i am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear all the details.
Much love...see you soon.

lee said...

:) it's been a blessing to watch this unfold.